How to burn the church in Burnaby, B.C.
A church is burning in B.K.C., after the fire was sparked by an accidental leak.
The fire broke out around 1:30 a.m.
Monday at the Burnaby First Baptist Church.
It’s unclear whether the fire originated from a leak or whether it was started intentionally.
Police said a church member was injured and taken to hospital for treatment.
No one else was injured.
The church was partially engulfed.
Fire crews arrived within minutes and were quickly able to contain the blaze.
“It’s pretty impressive to see that they didn’t just get a leak,” B.J. Brown, president of the Burnside First Baptist Society, told the Vancouver Sun.
He said the fire department was on scene within 30 minutes of the initial call.
Brown said the congregation is being relocated.
Burnaby RCMP said they were called to the scene to assist the Burnie First Baptist.
RCMP said the church has been inspected and found to be in compliance with provincial and federal regulations.